DSUSB cable - ERROR Initializing the DSUSB adapter issue! - SOLVED

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
aescalle
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

DSUSB cable - ERROR Initializing the DSUSB adapter issue! - SOLVED

Post by aescalle » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:18 am

I get a problem with the DSUSB cable

Since yesterday, after one day working well, I get this message in opening the DSUSB Check software:
"ERROR Initializing the DSUSB adapter issue! Make sure it is connected and try again"

The driver seams to be well installed.
But no connection with the cable even with the DSUSB Check app or in APT.
I have try several USB connections: my Hub and the two USB from my computer. :?

The Check is passed positive with an administrator access! :?

UPDATE 1:
After investigation and compatibility checking and solving, the DSUSB Check pass the test without the administrator access,
but always no connection with APT.

UPDATE 2:
Solved by repairing the compatibilities (through the Windows 7 options) on the two programs (APT & DSUSB Check).
APT is now working fine with the USB DSUSB connector and in connecting the digic2 camera.
Long exposure is working!
:P

Best from France
Alain

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: DSUSB cable - ERROR Initializing the DSUSB adapter issue! - SOLVED

Post by dpanderson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Glad to hear you have this working now. Thank you for the follow-up post that may benefit others.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

jf1195@att.net

Post by jf1195@att.net » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:03 pm

Doug et, al

I’m having same issue using ASCOM to connect APT, PHD, Stellarium with a D5100. Got both DSU & 2 before realized limited ports. None the less same issue as Alain but I’ve Windows 10. I can change LED, open and shut shutter, etc but On APT Camera tab after selecting the Nikon 5100, it won’t show up in the bottom right where one would change ISO, White balance, etc nor are live view, start or any other camera related tabs available. All “grayed” out. Everything else AVX, PHD works fine. It’s can be a driver, can it? Just doesn’t want to talk to APT.

THANK YOU

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:40 am

Since you are able to change the LED and open and close the shutter, we know the DSUSB is working and able to communicate with your PC. APT has the drivers built in, so no need to separately load a driver.

To be sure, do you have the camera's USB cable hooked up? You need both this cable and the DSUSB connected for APT to work properly. If you have both of those in place and are still having trouble, it seems the issue is with APT. You should contact their tech support for assistance.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy

jf1195@att.net

Post by jf1195@att.net » Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:10 pm

Thank you Doug, I’ve reviewed some old posts, made adjustments and PC is recognizing DSUSB and has been plugged into the D5100. I get confirmation in APT that USB connected..” and digital device recognized (former after changing to “quiet shutter release”. However, still can’t get any image or camera info on the main APT screen. I know this may be out of your expertise but after running the ASCOM diagnostic, I noticed that AVX, Polemaster, ZWO guide scope check out for 64 bit but one error was a device which is 32 bit. Since the camera older and may be the “device”. Would you know if I should reinstall ASOCOM and/or APT 32 bit version, if they exist. Going to reach out to APT. However, I’m thinking one of our members had same issue and was able to fix. Next step is to buy a dedicated camera having missed best viewing conditions. Your product works great but just can’t figure it out..

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:43 pm

I'm not sure if a reinstall of ASCOM and/or APT 32 bit version would help. Hopefully your friend or APT knows the answer.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy