Possibility of 64-bit GPUSB DLL?

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
RedLionNJ
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Possibility of 64-bit GPUSB DLL?

Post by RedLionNJ » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:51 am

Hi Doug,

Firstly - I've been using a GPUSB for a few years now - first-class product, works like a charm on my LX200. In particular, I use it to interface from FireCapture (for planetary imaging) to my mount. FireCapture has the capability of observing the planet's drift while capturing, and sending the appropriate nudges to the GPUSB DLL to move the image back toward the center of the region of interest. I can point at Jupiter, set my region of interest to be only 20% bigger than the disk and the combination of FireCapture and the GPUSB will keep it centered all night long. No need for ASCOM or any other complications.

NOW - Torsten informed me he plans to migrate FireCapture to the 64-bit world in order to increase the amount of memory available for buffering (faster cameras, larger sensors, etc.). This would appear to present a problem with GPUSB compatibility. Calling a 32-bit DLL from a 64-bit world is non-trivial, to say the least (if it's even possible at all).

Is there any possibility you could make available a 64-bit compilation of the GPUSB DLL?

Cheers,

Grant

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: Possibility of 64-bit GPUSB DLL?

Post by dpanderson » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm

Please have Torsten contact me at doug@shoestringastronomy.com and I will work with him on this issue.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com