Canon 5D and DSUSB

Questions about hardware and software not obtained from Shoestring Astronomy, but related to our products
kbalaie

Canon 5D and DSUSB

Post by kbalaie » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:24 pm

Hello Doug,

I have got a Canon 5D (not referenced on your web site) that I connect to a modified N3 which then connects to a male-male extension cable DSCBL-05. DSUSBCheck results are all OK. I connect DSUSB to my computer and I can see DSUSB port amongst other shutter release port under Maxim/DL 4.55. When I try to release the shutter under MaximDL it does not seem to work. Before I write to Maxim DL support, I would like to know if there is any difference in connecting a Canon 5D and other similar Canon DSLRs like 10D or 20D.
Thanks for clarification. :roll:

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:05 pm

There should be no difference. If DSUSBCheck works correctly, it seems like it must be something in the setup of MaximDL or the camera.

I have not used MaximDL much myself, so it might be quicker to an answer if you ask them. I have also not worked with the 5D myself, so I don't know if the menus are similar to the ones on my 350D or not.

If the folks at MaximDL can't help you out, please let me know and I will do my best.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

kbalaie

Post by kbalaie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:03 am

Thanks. Will do.