Windows 7 and GPUSB and DSUSB

Here's the spot for anything else Shoestring or astronomy related
joe murray
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Windows 7 and GPUSB and DSUSB

Post by joe murray » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:00 am

Hi,

I recently upgraded my laptop to an Asus running on Windows 7 Home Edition. Last year or so, I purchased a GPUSB, DSUSB and an EQDIR. When I look at the online manuals for them, the Window systems are all prior to 7. Does anyone know if they will work with the laptop running on 7.

Also in downloading the checkers onto the new laptop, I noted that there is a a DSUSB and a DSUSB2 - what is the difference?

Lastly, I am not familiar with the GPUSBNudge (any info will be appreciated)

Clear Skies - Joe

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: Windows 7 and GPUSB and DSUSB

Post by dpanderson » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm

Joe,

The user manuals definitely could use an update, but all products do run under Windows 7. The only problem that has been reported is when running XP Virtual mode under Windows 7 as reported in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=399
However, it sounds like this issue with HID USB devices is far more widespread than just our product line.

The DSUSB and DSUSB2 are two separate products. For those wishing to control two shutters at the same time from the same computer, you would need one of each so that the computer knows can keep them separate.

GPUSBNudge is a little utility that a few customers requested. Using this utility, you can make small movements of the mount from your PC. For mounts that have no other computer control, this can be useful to center up an object, etc.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

joe murray
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Re: Windows 7 and GPUSB and DSUSB

Post by joe murray » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:10 am

Thanks for the speedy reply and for great products.

Joe