EQDIR Interface Module

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
Robert
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

EQDIR Interface Module

Post by Robert » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:12 am

I ordered the EQDIR Interface Module and Adapter cable earlier this month for my telescope with a Synscan EQ5 mount . I have been trying to connect my scope to starry night , stellarium , or satellite tracker with no success . I'm using the eqmod program from the yahoo group and followed there instruction for hookup . I checked and doubled checked everything and just couldn't get any programs to connect. Also I have tried on two different computers Windows 7 and XP. I finally tried your EQDIR Check program and get no connection . Could the EQDIR Interface Module be Bad ? Robert

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: EQDIR Interface Module

Post by dpanderson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 am

A bad EQDIR is certainly one possibility. We do test everything here before we ship.

Are you using a USB-to-serial converter or does you PC have a serial port built in. As I understand it, there has been lots of trouble with certain USB-to-serial adapters. There is a list of which models work and which ones don't on the EQMOD Yahoo group.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

Robert
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Post by Robert » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:18 am

My laptop computer both need a USB-to-serial converter . I have 2 Both are working with starry night and connecting with my telescope without eqmod program . I just connected to my desktop computer which has a serial port built in and tried the test and still no connection.

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:57 am

OK. Send your shipping address to me at doug@shoestringastronomy.com and I will ship another EQDIR out to you to try.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com