timer remotes Nikon DSLR`s

Questions about hardware and software not obtained from Shoestring Astronomy, but related to our products
Mark Gaffney
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

timer remotes Nikon DSLR`s

Post by Mark Gaffney » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Doug, I have a shutter cable for my Nikon D5000 modified by you & unplugging the stereo plug inline is often the only way to get Live view to show mid session with my camera..
I`ve just bought a timer remote ( any number of exposures & varying times can be programmed with this device).
Can you tell me if you can do mods to one of these cables too..?

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: timer remotes Nikon DSLR`s

Post by dpanderson » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Mark,

I know virtually nothing about that camera model, but I wonder if the mid-session Live view hangup is caused by the wakeup and/or shutter signals not being in the correct states. You might try experimenting using our DSUSBCheck software (which gives you complete control of these two signals) to see if there is some combination that does not hang it up. If there is, then you might be able to get the person that developed your software to modify it to eliminate the hangup.

Regarding the timer remote, is this unit not intended for your camera and thus you need it modified to work with it? We might be able to help out with this, let me know which timer remote you have.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com