Canon XSi

Questions about hardware and software not obtained from Shoestring Astronomy, but related to our products
rich.shippee
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Canon XSi

Post by rich.shippee » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:31 pm

I just upgraded from a Canon 10D to the Canon XSi. I was controlling the shutter on the 10D with the DSUSB controller before. Now I need it to work with the XSi (450D). I looked on the products page and I don't see the XSi or 450D listed. I see the 400 but not the 450. Could you let me know what cable is needed and also if the box that I got for the 10D will work with the 450D ?

Thank you very much,
Rich

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: Canon XSi

Post by dpanderson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:46 pm

HI, Rich. The DSUSB will work fine with the 450D. You'll need the DSCBL-01 or DSCBL-91 cable.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

kate
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Re: Canon XSi

Post by kate » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:20 am

I got it solved and it was pretty simple, perhaps something you might want to pass on to newbies like myself. Prior to using DSLR Shutter, when using my Canon either at prime focus or piggyback I always set the delay feature on it to compensate for possible vibrations, etc. So the way I had my camera and DSLR Shutter configured (with a delay on both), I would hit "Start Sequence", the DSLR Shutter program would countdown its delay seconds then send the command to "fire" to the camera which it did. The camera then began its own delay countdown before the shutter would actually open. However DSLR Shutter had already started its own "Sequence" count for the entire operation not knowing the shutter isn't open yet. Once I changed the delay setting to normal on my camera everything worked fine. Simple solution but not so obvious because of the habit of setting the delay on the camera.