DSUSB2 not connecting anymore

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
antimorris
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

DSUSB2 not connecting anymore

Post by antimorris » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Good afternoon -
I have the DSUSB2 that I am using with my Nikon D7000. When I got it there weren't any issues (after reading the other post about getting the D7000 to play nicely) however it seems the box has stopped working correctly. When I plug it in the red light is on, but it won't connect and running the DSUSB2 checker says "Error initializing the USUSB2 adapter! Make sure it is connected and try again" ... I have tried both the DSUSB checker and the DSUSB2 checker just in case and they both come up with the same error. The DSUSB-IR1 I have works fine (although it wont operate the Nikon D7000 cable correctly which is why I got the DSUSB2, the IR box will only trigger as it is plugged in and taken back out, but works the IR sensor just fine). Has my box just gone bad? Is there anything else I can try to get it to work properly?

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: DSUSB2 not connecting anymore

Post by dpanderson » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:32 pm

You could try taking the four screws out that hold the box shut and replacing the USB cable. If that doesn't work, we can repair or replace it. Is it still under warranty (less than 1 year old)?
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

antimorris

Post by antimorris » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:38 am

Tried replacing the cable, still no joy. Red light comes on when USB is plugged in, but check doesn't recognize it is plugged in and won't work with any programs it used to. It is just a couple months past the one year mark (got it on 3/6/13).

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:41 pm

OK, sounds like something a little more serious. Please return it to:
Shoestring Astronomy
24079 - 670th Ave
Nevada, IA 50201

I will take a look at it and let you know what I find.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

antimorris

Post by antimorris » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:41 am

Thanks, I will get it mailed out in a day or two!