wait...

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
winch20010
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

wait...

Post by winch20010 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:34 am

Hello Everybody,

I installed a new PC, and now I have a problem with the DSUSB.
when I connect my EOS1000D in MaximDL (with dsusb option), it takes a while before the connection is ok.
I tried DsusbChecker and I have approximativly the same result. connection to dsusb takes 10-15 seconds in dsusb checker and 30-40secondes in MaximDL (eos connection Included).
I tried with another shutter cable I own, and it takes less than 2 seconds in Maximdl to be connected.

In parallal, I tried to remove all my usb devices, except my mouse and keyboard, but nothing has changed.
I also tried multiple dsusb dll's (from this site, from an old version of maximdl, ...) but nothing has changed ...

I know some people had some problems/conflicts with their optical mouse, so I tried with two optical mouses, and always the same problem... I don't have anymore some ps2 mouses.

any help would be very appreciated, because I really love this dsusb module :)

Thanks in advance.
Seb

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: wait...

Post by dpanderson » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Seb,

I have not heard of a problem like this before. The only thing I can think of is that your DSUSB has some sort of electrical issue. If it is annoying to you, we will take back your old DSUSB in trade for a new one. If you are interested in this, please send an email to doug@shoestringastronomy.com and I will provide instructions for returning the unit you have.

Thanks,
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: wait...

Post by dpanderson » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Another user had this same issue and worked with the people at Maxim to resolve the issue. He sent me this message:

"Maxim was able to reproduce the problem and they found and fixed the
timeout issue in the EOS plug in DLL. They sent me a new DLL
CCDPlugNeoEos version 5.15.08 and I have been using Maxim with the DSUSB
with no issues ever since."
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com