GPUSB problems with GuideDog and K3CCDTools

Questions about hardware and software not obtained from Shoestring Astronomy, but related to our products
cmilovic

GPUSB problems with GuideDog and K3CCDTools

Post by cmilovic » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi Guys :)

I've got a GPUSB and was trying to use it with a QuickCam B&W camera to autoguide... I've tried several softwares, but so far I'm unable to get both devices to work with the same, at the same time :D For example, PHD guiding recongnices the GPUSB and controls the mount, but he camera is dead...

Well, I'll narrow the problem into two softwares:

- GuideDog. When I select the GPUSB from the ASCOM list, a message box appears that says "Problem connectic with your telescope/mount. Check the connections.". I've checked them, of course, and the GPUSB works well with the GPUSBChecker, and with PHD Guiding. I'm inclined to think that there is a problem with ASCOM...
By the way, if I unplug the GPUSB, and run this setup, the same message appears.

- K3CCDTools. I saw the same problem with other softwares, so I'll just mection this one. When I open the guiding interface, and the app tries to comunicate with the GPUSB, the following message is displayed: "ASCOM error: File not found: .\ShoestringGPUSB_DLL.dll".
Of course, I already have installed the ASCOM platform, the Shoestring drivers, and also the specific Shoestring drivers for K3CCDTools. The menctioned file is in fact present on the ASCOM shared files, and every working folder (GuideDog, PHD Guiding and K3CCDTools).
Could this be just a Window's issue? I mean, they are trying to locate the drivers in a XP style address, or something like that? Could this be an ASCOM problem? I'm not sure, because PHD Guiding works well both with the direct selection, or through ASCOM...

Please help!!!! ;) I don want to manual guide anymore!

Regards,

Carlos Milovic

cmilovic

Post by cmilovic » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:06 pm

Hi all

I finally fixed this issue with almost every software. The trick was to copy the DLL file to the desktop, the root (c:\), window's and window's system32 folders.

Weird...

Regards,

Carlos