Ultima 2000 Guiding

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
rshelton81
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Ultima 2000 Guiding

Post by rshelton81 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:20 pm

I did a search and either I was just not typing the right keywords or not but found no results so I am posting :D

I have an older Celestron Ultima 2000 8in that I have a wedge for and I am now attempting to autoguide with PHD2. Problem is I cannot get anything to connect to the mount. I bought several different cables and even a ZWO ST4USB converter. Still nothing....Downloaded the Celestron ASCOM driver...nothing...I am connecting through the HC and not the Aux port on the mount (doesn't connect to the Aux port either).

Anyone have any experience with this scope? What do I need in order to get this to work??? I really am at a loss here. Deforking the OTA is not something I want to do nor purchase a new mount.

Please help! Getting desperate here!

Thank you,
Russell

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: Ultima 2000 Guiding

Post by dpanderson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi Russell. I've never owned one of these, so I am unable to help. Regarding the ZWO ST4USB, you should try ZWO or the dealer that sold it to you.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

rshelton81
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Re: Ultima 2000 Guiding

Post by rshelton81 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:23 am

Hey Doug, Thank you for the reply. That is what I am running into with this older scope. From digging around on the webs I have found that apparently everything stopped working around 2009 when ASCOM updated from version 4.1 to 5. Now its like 6.3 or so I think. That with the combination of Celestron dropping support I fear this may be a dead end for me. That's really unfortunate because it really is a wonderful scope

Russ