NEQ6 Pro Mount Hardware Issue

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
swmddo
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

NEQ6 Pro Mount Hardware Issue

Post by swmddo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Doug, I recently purchased your RJ45 to USB cable for my Sirius mount (EQ5). It worked great! Since then, my mount died! I got a new NEQ6 Pro, but it does not have the same connection that I can use. I want to bypass the Synscan controller so I can use EQMOD. The connection from my PC is only via USB. I need to know which of your cables I will need now. The cable from the hand controller to the mount now is a RJ45 to DB9. The mount has the female connection for the handcontroller cable.

Which of your should I order ?

Thanks

Steve

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: NEQ6 Pro Mount Hardware Issue

Post by dpanderson » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Steve,

WIth a DB9 on the mount, you will need the USB2EQ6.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

swmddo

Post by swmddo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks, Doug!

Steve

swmddo

Post by swmddo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:11 pm

Doug, I received the USB2EQ6 from you. I have the NEQ6 Pro mount, but when I connect that cable directly to the mount and to my PC, there is a bunch of erroneous information regarding where the scope is pointed. I have recycled the power several times, but it still does not know that my scope is pointing north.

If I use the handcontroller to connect to the mount and then from there to you USB2EQ8 cable (via a cable provided by the mount), I am not able to get any driver recognition. The controller has a PC Direct mode, which I selected, but it is still not able to get to the PC. Is there another driver that I might need in order to get these to talk to each other?

Thanks

Steve

swmddo

Post by swmddo » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Doug, I fixed it, courtesy of Chris from EQMOD. I just deleted the ini file and rebuilt it. Works like a champ now.

Steve

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Good to hear! Thank you for the follow-up post so that others can benefit from your experience.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com