Registry error when installing GPSUBCheck

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
rong
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Registry error when installing GPSUBCheck

Post by rong » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi,

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and am trying install GPUSBCheck. When I do so, I'm seeing the following error.....
gpusb error.png
gpusb error.png (67.98 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
I've tried running the installation as Administrator, and I've tried de-activating my security software. Same results.

Strangely, the gpusb icon is created and if I click on it, I get a message that the gpusb isn't connected. and to try again. So, I plug it in (getting the red light), and then I get a little control screen, but no matter which button I push, it says that gpusb isn't connected.

If I could get some assistance figuring out what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate.

Thanks and have a good day.

Ron Gafron

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: Registry error when installing GPSUBCheck

Post by dpanderson » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:28 pm

Ron,

I have never had this error reported before, and I am not sure how to solve the problem since I cannot duplicate it myself.

Have you tried installing on a different computer?

GPUSBCheck is a 32-bit app, is there a way in Windows 7 to install it as a 32-bit app?
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

rong
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Re: Registry error when installing GPSUBCheck

Post by rong » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi,

It turned out that this was a Windows problem not really having anything to do with GPSUBCheck. I found a solution on a Microsoft forum, but strangely, even tho this error occurred, the software still runs and appears to be ok.

So, it looks like everything is happy right now.

Thanks.

Ron