USB2EQ5 & BT2EQ5 both stopped working

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
rwillits
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

USB2EQ5 & BT2EQ5 both stopped working

Post by rwillits » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:19 am

I use USB2EQ5 & BT2EQ5 on my AZ/EQ-G mount. Controlled by StellariumScope and EQMod. It worked fine until last night I used the "Stop Button" on EQMod. Now non of my Shoestring devices work on this mount. Everything seems to work with and through the hand control. I have two computers so I tried the other computer and it wouldn't work on that one either. Both computers will operate my EQ-G (other mount). I went to Orion and downloaded their motor controllers and installed them. No change. I don't know where to look any more and I don't want to go back operating through the hand control. any advice or suggestions will be welcome.

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: USB2EQ5 & BT2EQ5 both stopped working

Post by dpanderson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:02 pm

Strange that they both stopped working and the handcontroller still works. The only thing I can think of at this point is to send another USB2EQ5 for you to try. Please send an email with your shipping address to doug@shoestringastronomy.com
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com

rwillits

Post by rwillits » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:56 pm

Thank you. I tried EQSIRCheck and the bluetooth would not connect. I also have a hard time thinking both are bad. I will send them ,and would you check them. If they are good I will have to send in my mount, which is a few weeks old.

Sepe535

Post by Sepe535 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:01 am

Hello, this is my first post, i also have been using your BT2EQ on my desktop with WXP and EQ5 Pro EQMOD/CDC for the past year with no issue. I just completed my Deepspace hypertune and went to connect to test worm gear meshing but BT2EQ5 it wouldn't power up or connect at. I check my bluetooth usb dongle with my iphone and it detected with no issues.

One note the hand controller worked perfectly fine when connected as well.

Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Daniel

Sepe535

Post by Sepe535 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:54 am

New BT2EQ5 arrived today and Everything is working fine.

TY, Dave

dpanderson
Site Admin

Post by dpanderson » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Good to hear.
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com