GRUSB + EQ6 with PHD Guiding has stopped working

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
Joseniotorres
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

GRUSB + EQ6 with PHD Guiding has stopped working

Post by Joseniotorres » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:32 am

I have a USB port using the guiding GPUSB, I use the software with the vireo years PHD.O proplema now is that after calibration the software could not follow the star, I noticed that the GRUSB indicates that the assembly is working but could not follow the star.
Already used to test the GPUSBCheck GRUSB and ran all the commands including commands + Nov, Dec -, RA + RA - and the engines respond (work). I did the following GPUSB Connect to the PC, and the GPUSB to your mount using the RJ-12 cable. GPUSBCheck Open up the software and tell it to connect. Make sure you can control the LED. Then, put the multimeter in DC voltage mode and do the following. It is convenient to probe the pins where the RJ-12 connector bumps up out of the GPUSB. All measurements are made ​​using the positive probe of the multimeter with the negative probe touching pin 2.

1) With the direction buttons pushed on GPUSBCheck, check that the voltage on pins 3, 4, 5, and 6 are high. Likely this will be around 5V, but Could be around 12V, depending upon the mount.

2) Click the + button on Dec GPUSBCheck. Pin 4 Should go low now (around 0.3V) and pins 3, 5, and 6 high Should stay.

3) Click on the button GPUSBCheck-Dec. Pin 5 Should Go low, and pins 3, 4, and 6 high Should Be.

4) Click the Dec button to deassert it, then click the RA + button. Pin 3 Should Go low and pins 4, 5, and 6 high Should Be.

5) the RA-Click button. Pin 6 Should Go low and pins 3, 4, 5 and Should Be High.

How do I know if the problem is in EQ6?

dpanderson
Site Admin

Re: GRUSB + EQ6 with PHD Guiding has stopped working

Post by dpanderson » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 pm

By using the multimeter tests, you have already proven that the GPUSB is working properly. If you use GPUSBCheck + GPUSB + EQ6 and the motors are responding properly, that proves that the EQ6 is working properly. It sounds to me like PHD is not talking to the GPUSB properly. Are you sure it is configured to talk to the GPUSB?
Doug Anderson
Shoestring Astronomy
http://www.ShoestringAstronomy.com