I can confirm GPUSB works on Win7 x64!

Questions about hardware and software obtained directly from Shoestring Astronomy
g__day
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

I can confirm GPUSB works on Win7 x64!

Post by g__day » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 am

I have tried to shift all my astrolab management software from an ageing Win XP machine to a modern Win7 64bit machine. To my surprise I found GPINT no longer seems to work - GPINTChecker simply does not get the scope to move anymore. I am about to buy a GPUSB - to see if they work better with Win7 64bit - but it concerned me that GPUSBChecker software also failed to install cleanly (an OLE registery failure occurred:

windows\system32\stdole2.tlb

Unable to register the type library: RegisterTypeLib failed: code 0x8002801C
Error accessing the OLE registery

Update: I tried installing this in Windows XP Service Pack 2 compatability mode - it says it installed fine - so that's one step forward!

I e-mailed Doug at ShoeString Astronomy today - but he doesn't have access to a Win7 64bit machine to test things out.

Hence my request; can folk please tell me if they have or have not succeeded to get either GPUSB or GPINT working or not with Windows7 64bit.

It would be gold if someone can say - No it didn't work - until I did XYZ - but just hearing it works (and software installs cleanly or not) or its unknown - or it doesn't could save me a lot of angst.

Many thanks in anticipation!

Matthew
Last edited by g__day on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

g__day
Anti-spam question: Astronomy

Re: Can folk confirm if GPUSB / GPINT work on Win7 x64

Post by g__day » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:08 am

Well I can confirm GPUSB works fine with Windows7 Ultimate - 64bit. So I would guess that my new PC's motherboard has a incorrectly functioning parallel port - problem bypassed by using the GPUSB!

Happy ending all!